Read about the firm’s successes, growing staff, community involvement, and more.
As published November 28, 2017 on workerscompcentral.com The Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission today will formally approve draft regulations that will implement new medical fee schedules for use starting Jan. 1. Virginia will become the 44th state to set...read more
MEDIATION What is it, and what can I expect? Alternative Dispute Resolution: Approximately 50 years ago, lawyers and other professionals involved in the resolution of disputes began to look at alternatives to traditional methods of resolving those disputes, such as...read more
In Part 1 of our look at Virginia Code section 65.2-714(b), which is the source of the mysterious “714 fees” available to claimants’ attorneys under Virginia’s Workers’ Compensation Act, we learned what those fees were and what the statute requires in order for the...read more
My first prolonged exposure to workers’ compensation practice came when I first joined the firm of Chandler, Franklin & O’Bryan (later The Chandler law Group) as a personal injury attorney. My first assignment was in the firm’s Staunton office where I would be the...read more
I began my analysis comparing the damages available to a plaintiff in a jury trial based on a tort (a civil wrong) such as a personal injury case arising out of an automobile collision with the benefits an injured claimant can seek in the statutory scheme provided by...read more
Many of our clients come to us with a workers’ compensation claim but with no real idea of what benefits might be available under the statutory provisions which define the Workers’ Compensation system. If they have a general idea of the legal concept of “damages,”...read more
- Medical Fee Schedules Nearing Implementation By J. Todd Foster
- MEDIATION What is it, and what can I expect?
- 714 FEES, WHAT ARE THEY AND HOW DO WE COLLECT THEM Part 2
- 714 FEES, WHAT ARE THEY & HOW DO WE COLLECT THEM? Part 1
- DAMAGES: A COMPARISON BETWEEN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION & PERSONAL INJURY Part Two
- DAMAGES: A COMPARISON BETWEEN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION & PERSONAL INJURY– Part One
- WITNESS CREDIBILITY – Part 3
- CREDIBILITY OF WITNESSES To Defer or not To Defer (Part 2)
- WITNESS CREDIBILITY: To Defer or Not to Defer? (Part 1)
- THE DEBT TRAP REVISITED
Have a Question?
Free Case Evaluation
Fill out the form below for a free case evaluation.