Read about the firm’s successes, growing staff, community involvement, and more.
There are a lot of different people involved in a worker’s compensation case, and if you’re unfamiliar with the process it can be hard to keep track of who everyone is. Here’s a quick guide to make it easier for you. The different roles are listed in alphabetical...read more
As part of the Overall Steps for a Worker’s Comp Case, you may go through an evidentiary hearing, where you and your lawyer and the insurance company have a hearing in front of a Deputy Commissioner, acting as a judge in your case. Sometimes, however, you may go...read more
If, like most people, you haven’t been through a worker’s compensation case before, you may not know what to expect. We’ve broken down the general steps for you. Each case is specific and your case may not follow this exact pattern. First Steps First, you’ll tell your...read more
Most people who have a worker’s compensation claim have never had one before. We’ve gathered some of the questions people commonly ask us in one place. How do I contact you? For the initial consultation, call HammondTownsend at 888-580-9048. After you’ve retained...read more
When you hear “worker’s comp,” you probably think about being injured at work. However, in certain cases, diseases can quality as well. Occupational Disease An “occupational disease” is a disease that comes directly from the job that you are doing or have done, and is...read more
Virginia has several different types of compensation, or money, that you may receive after you have been injured at work and have filed a worker’s compensation claim. The names of several of them sound similar, and it can be difficult to understand what each one...read more
- People Involved in a Workers’ Comp Case
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Overall Steps for a Worker’s Compensation Case
- Frequently Asked Questions about Working with HammondTownsend
- Occupational Diseases and Worker’s Compensation
- Worker’s Comp Benefits: Lifetime Medical Benefits
- Worker’s Comp Benefits: Death Benefits
- Worker’s Comp Benefits: Permanent and Total Disability Benefits
- Worker’s Comp Benefits: Permanent Partial Disability Benefits
- Worker’s Comp Benefits: Temporary Total Disability Benefits
Have a Question?
Free Case Evaluation
Fill out the form below for a free case evaluation.