Read about the firm’s successes, growing staff, community involvement, and more.
In Part 1 of our look at Virginia Code section 65.2-714(b), which is the source of the mysterious “714 fees” available to claimants’ attorneys under Virginia’s Workers’ Compensation Act, we learned what those fees were and what the statute requires in order for the...read more
My first prolonged exposure to workers’ compensation practice came when I first joined the firm of Chandler, Franklin & O’Bryan (later The Chandler law Group) as a personal injury attorney. My first assignment was in the firm’s Staunton office where I would be the...read more
I began my analysis comparing the damages available to a plaintiff in a jury trial based on a tort (a civil wrong) such as a personal injury case arising out of an automobile collision with the benefits an injured claimant can seek in the statutory scheme provided by...read more
Many of our clients come to us with a workers’ compensation claim but with no real idea of what benefits might be available under the statutory provisions which define the Workers’ Compensation system. If they have a general idea of the legal concept of “damages,”...read more
Recently, a difference of opinion has developed among the Commissioners as to how explicit and extensive a Deputy’s findings of credibility need to be in order to be entitled to this deferral process. How do the two positions represented on the full Commission...read more
In my previous post, I told you that we would take a look at how the full Commissioners of the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission deal with factual determinations made by the Deputy Commissioners at the evidentiary hearing stage. Since the Deputy Commissioners...read more
- 714 FEES, WHAT ARE THEY AND HOW DO WE COLLECT THEM Part 2
- 714 FEES, WHAT ARE THEY & HOW DO WE COLLECT THEM? Part 1
- DAMAGES: A COMPARISON BETWEEN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION & PERSONAL INJURY Part Two
- DAMAGES: A COMPARISON BETWEEN WORKERS’ COMPENSATION & PERSONAL INJURY– Part One
- WITNESS CREDIBILITY – Part 3
- CREDIBILITY OF WITNESSES To Defer or not To Defer (Part 2)
- WITNESS CREDIBILITY: To Defer or Not to Defer? (Part 1)
- THE DEBT TRAP REVISITED
- CREDIBILITY DETERMINATIONS IN WORKERS’ COMPENSTION CASES
- WEIGHING THE EVIDENCE
Have a Question?
Free Case Evaluation
Fill out the form below for a free case evaluation.